It’s been a while since my last post. That doesn’t mean that things aren’t happening with the playtest, though. Here’s what we’re looking at:
I’m starting two play tracks next week, each running for three sessions, the first on successive Mondays, and the second on successive Fridays. I’ve asked my playtesters to pick either Mondays or Fridays, and to tell me what characters they’re going to play. I’ve heard back from about half so far.
I’m creating two adventures, each set to run three sessions, and customizing them to the characters to make sure we can let them strut their stuff (and, incidentally, stress test the rules that apply to them). I should have those finished up this weekend.
After each session, I’ll post an account of what went on, what neat things we found we could do with the rules, and anything else that seems to merit conversation.
In the meantime, there are some other folks out there writing about the playtest, as well. You should check out these links:
- The Game That May Be talks about the DFRPG Playtest in the latest podcast
- Jeremy Ware has Dresdenified Austin, Texas
- Rob Bohl has Dresdenized Newark, New Jersey
- Mick Bradley has some character stuff up here
- Fred Hicks talks about (among other things) Evil Hat’s plans for DFRPG
- The Jim Butcher Online forums have a topic for Alpha Playtest Sightings
- And if you’re not reading the sample chapters of Small Favor that have been posted, why not?