Name: Morris “Crazy Tom” Thompson
Address: The streets of Winnipeg, MB
High Concept: Crazy street person faerie pet
Personal Struggle: Yearns for the beauty of the Nevernever, but knows that it will destroy him
Where Did You Come From?
Morris was an up-and-coming corporate lawyer who followed a faerie piper into the Nevernever, but is tossed back out after the faeries have their fun. Obsessed with what he had seen, he abandoned his job, friends, and family, trying to find his way back using drugs and alcohol. Wound up obviously delusional on the streets.
What Shapes You?
One night, he finally found what he was looking for: a faerie. It happened to be an ogre, menacing a group of sprites and pixies, but that didn’t matter much to Crazy Tom. The ogre beat him to within an inch of his life, but backed off when Tom wouldn’t stop laughing and cheering. He was cared for by the smaller faeries until he healed, and they taught him some of the ways of faerie life. Now the lesser faeries of the city look out for Crazy Tom, as the faeries have often done for the mad.
What’s Your First Novel?
Poor Tom’s A-Cold
Hard-pressed by the influx of savage creatures from African and Asian cultures, the Winter-aspected faeries of the city fight back with a killing cold snap. Tom is caught in the middle as harsh weather starts killing his homeless friends, and he must try to negotiate a peace. Negotiating did not go well, and Crazy Tom runs into the gas station where Mark works. The two hold off an assault on the station. Successful in this defense, Tom runs off into the night, leaving a bemused Mark to clean up the mess. Boniface stumbles onto the late-night firefight, but the shadowy figures outside the gas station are not human. When they turn their eldritch gaze upon him, he must fight his way free, inadvertently helping to break the siege within the gas station.
- The faeries caught me, but threw me back.
- Precariously balanced between two worlds.
- “I used to be somebody.”
- Pet of the wee folk.
- Caught in the middle.
- Sometimes, the voices are real.
- Yes, I really am this crazy.
- Alertness (Superb +5)
- Survival (Superb +5)
- Endurance (Great +4)
- Stealth (Great +4)
- Conviction (Good +3)
- Deceit (Good +3)
- Athletics (Fair +2)
- Empathy (Fair +2)
- Lore (Fair +2)
- Presence (Average +1)
- Scholarship (Average +1)
- Contacts (Average +1)
- Investigation (Average +1)
- Fists (Average +1)
- Urban Primitive – Crazy Tom has been surviving on the streets a long time. When in an urban environment, his Scavenging rolls are made at +1, and the time between multiple Survival rolls for a prolonged stay is increased by one increment.
- Crazy Eyes – Tom is nuts, and you can see it in his eyes and hear it in his heartfelt rants about and hymns to the faeries. He can use his Conviction instead of his Intimidate when trying to perform a Brush-Off.
- Occultist: Faeries (Common Faeries) – Tom has spent a great deal of time amongst the lesser faeries of the city, and he’s become something of an expert on them. He gets a +1 when researching faeries in general, and +2 when researching common faeries.