Name: Iris Susan McPherson
Address: No fixed address, Winnipeg, MB
High Concept: Brilliant, but should probably be on medication
Personal Struggle: Personal safety and survival versus saving the world from the aliens
Where Did You Come From?
Home schooled by parents obsessed with perfection, she was attending university by the age of 16. She discovered what was really going on late on night while she was working on her Ph. D. thesis (The Evolution of Galaxy Disks in Cold Dark Matter Halos).
What Shapes You?
Aliens kidnapped her and told her that they had come to stop her from working on her thesis because she was coming too near to discovering the nature of dark matter, and that our world was not ready for that knowledge. She escaped and now they are trying to capture her.
What’s Your First Novel?
A cabal of ancient sorcerers are setting up a complicated ritual that will increase the level of conflict in the city, from which they intend to draw power. Iris spots the pattern in the physical components they are setting up and reverses the effects; the feedback effectively destroys their power. Sydney tries to dissuade Iris from dallying with the supernatural, surrounding her with a barrier of prayer. Swan and the OCU hold the growing conflict on the streets at bay, giving Iris and Sydney time to stop the sorcerers’ plan.
- “They’re always watching me! I hate that!”
- “But where will I sleep tonight?”
- “I’ve got to get this right.”
- “I have secret knowledge and I must find a way to use it.”
- “I can see the patterns that shape the universe.”
- “I’m just trying to help…”
- “We’re in this together, even if we don’t know it.”
- Scholarship (Superb +5)
- Alertness (Superb +5)
- Stealth (Great +4)
- Endurance (Great +4)
- Investigation (Good +3)
- Athletics (Good +3)
- Lore (Fair +2)
- Fists (Fair +2)
- Survival (Fair +2)
- Empathy (Average +1)
- Intimidation (Average +1)
- Burglary (Average +1)
- Contacts (Average +1)
- Paranoid? Definitely. – Gain +2 to Alertness when rolling against surprise.
- Quick Eye – When examining a location for clues, Iris’s eye is quick to pick out the visual details. Her first Investigation roll to determine deeper details about a scene is two time increments faster than usual.
- Scientist (Physics/Astrophysics) – When using Scholarship to do scientific research, Iris gains a +1 in Physics, and an additional +1 (for a total of +2) in Astrophysics.
- Tough Stuff – The stuff of blunt trauma – fists, sticks, and stones – pose little trouble for Iris. Against such things, she has a natural Armor: 1 which stacks with other forms of protection. This does not apply to things like blades, bullets, and burns.
- Quick Exit – A momentary distraction is all Iris needs to vanish from the scene. Provided she is not inthe midst of a conflict, she may roll a quick contest between her Stealth and the highest Alertness in the room. If she succeeds, the next time someone turns to look or talk to her, she is not there.
Refresh Rate: 5
Fate Points: 5