This weekend is Central Canada Comic Con, better known as C41. As I have for the past several years, I will be at the convention demoing a wide range of board, card, and roleplaying games for the good folks from Imagine Games and Hobbies. What do I mean by a wide range? I’m glad you asked, because I’ve been doing some test packing over the past couple of evenings to see how many games I can cram into a couple bags that I can carry in one trip. Here’s what I figure I can bring with me2:
- Conquest of Nerath
- Legend of Drizzt
- Fury of Dracula
- Tsuro of the Seas
- Deluxe Illuminati
- Skippy’s Revenge
- Ghost Pirates
- Elder Sign
- Zombie Dice
- Cthulhu Dice
- Marvel Heroic Roleplaying3
- Apocalypse World
- Leverage RPG
So, for those keeping track, we’re looking at nineteen games to choose from.
Gaming this year is free to the public – the gaming room is on the second floor of the Convention Centre, and you don’t need a Con badge to come and play. I’m going to be there part of Friday evening4, all day Saturday, and most of Sunday5. If you’re at the Con, or even if you just want to try some fun games this weekend, come find me and I’ll hook you up.
- I don’t really know if it’s better known by that name, but it is the common abbreviation. Shut up.
- I can probably bring a few more, but at that point I’m running out of games that I can comfortably demo. I mean, I can bring along Cards Against Humanity, but that’s not really appropriate for an all-ages con, and setting up and running Battlestar Galactica just eats more time than people are generally looking to spend.
- The good folks at Margaret Weis Productions have even supplied a couple of very cool – and exclusive – convention scenarios. Thanks, Cam!
- After I get off work, of course.
- I’ll stay as long as my energy holds out and there are people interested in playing games. When one of those things drops, I pack my bags and leave.