We’re approaching a full-on game of the Dresden Files RPG. It’s making me a little giddy.
Here’s how things are looking for our progress:
- Evil Hat has said that the spellcasting chapter, which is the last chunk of rules we need, should be sent out to us within a week.
- Next Monday, Wednesday, and Friday nights, I’ll be hosting character creation for supernatural characters. I have to break it up like that because there are nine people in my playtest group, and that’s too many to handle at once. I’ll post the new characters as I get them, as usual.
- By Saturday, March 8, I will start working on a couple of adventures for the game, probably two-to-three session arcs, hoping to finish those by mid-week following.
- The week of March 16, I’ll start running sessions. Again, we’ll have to break into smaller groups, which is why I’m creating multiple adventures. I will post play reports as these complete.
- Evil Hat is planning to move on to the next stage of testing by the end of April; what they’re calling the Late Alpha Test (as opposed to this phase, the Bleeding Alpha Test). This will probably involve different playtest groups, as they try to get other viewpoints on the system. That means that my involvement in official playtesting will probably wrap up around that time.
- Just because the playtest is over doesn’t mean the game is necessarily over. If things are going well, if everyone’s having fun, I will probably continue to run with the rules I have until the final game comes out.
- Some time in the future, Evil Hat will publish the game, and I will buy a copy and do a little dance of joy.
So, that’s how things look to go over the next couple of months. It’s gonna be a fun run. Stick around.