This coming weekend is Central Canada Comic Con ((Affectionately referred to as C4.)) here in Winnipeg. As is my habit, I will be trundling a couple of huge bags of boardgames, card games, and RPGs ((Though I have yet to demo an RPG at C4. Came close a couple of times.)) down to the convention centre and spending the weekend teaching, demoing, loaning, and playing games with people for my good friends at Imagine Games and Hobbies.
Normally, I’m a little more on top of things for C4, but I’m just catching my breath after a bit of a marathon run at work, so I don’t have all the particulars. I know that we’re in a different spot than previous years, and I think it’s on the main level, and I’ve been told that we have four tables near the JimCon folks. Other than that, I’m going to have to search.
I don’t even have a final list of the games I’m bringing to show you. That said, there are some particular ones that I’m guaranteed to have there:
- King of New York ((Yes, I got an early release copy at GenCon.))
- King of Tokyo ((With both expansions.))
- Fiasco ((With tons of playbooks.))
- Monster of the Week
- Dungeon World
- Sentinels of the Multiverse ((With all the expansions and several promo cards.))
- Zombie Dice
- Cthulhu Dice
- Fortune and Glory ((With expansions. Also, I think Perry is running a game of this on Saturday.))
- The Quiet Year
- Machine of Death
- Escape from the Aliens in Outer Space
- Shinobi Wat-aah!
- Star Fluxx
- Eldritch Horror
- Elder Sign
- Firefly: The Game ((With all the expansions.))
So, I’ll have those 19 games at the con for sure. I’ll probably have a few more. I’m trying not to duplicate the list of games JimCon has posted that they’re bringing, and I’m debating whether I should bring the D&D Starter Set. If you’re planning on coming by C4 to game, and there’s a game you’re particularly keen to try, give me a shout in the comments, and I’ll see if I can’t oblige.
Either way, come play some games with me.