Wow. We’re at 300 posts. Wow.
In a lot of ways, I’m surprised that the blog has lasted this long. I’m surprised at how much I still enjoy writing for it, and I’m gratified how many people come to take a look every day.
I’ve been looking over the stuff I’ve been writing the past 100 posts, and – unsurprisingly, really – much of it revolves around The Dresden Files RPG, which, if you folks recall, is the reason I started writing this blog in the first place. I had also intended to talk more about other things on my mind – books, movies, TV, etc. – but this has turned into a gaming blog first and foremost. Which makes sense; gaming is my primary hobby, after all. But it’s nice that I’m hitting post 300 at the same time I’m starting a new DFRPG campaign with a lot of the players from my original playtest. Feels like coming full circle.
But It’s nice to see that there are a number of you out there who have become regulars, here. And it’s nice to see that references to this blog are showing up in other forums. Hell, who am I kidding? It’s better than nice; it’s a huge stroking for my already-inflated ego!
Really, though, it’s just very gratifying to me that there are a growing number of readers out there who seem to be interested in what I’m posting here. Thank you all for coming by and leaving the occasional comment.
It took me about a year to get the first hundred posts up, and then about another year for the second hundred posts. It’s only been nine months for this third hundred – I’m obviously blogging more frequently and regularly, and that’s a good thing ((Mostly, anyway. I’ve been kind of neglecting some of my other writing in favour of keeping the blog up to date with my games. Gonna have to think about how to handle that.)).
As is usual, I’m going to show a few stats from the past 100 posts.
- 300 posts (obviously)
- 24 pages (no change)
- 10 categories (up 4 from post 200, and heavily reorganized)
- 336 tags (up 28 from post 200 â€“ I created roughly 67% fewer these past hundred posts)
- 1,013 comments (up 533 from post 200) ((And the winner for getting comment #100 is Karla! Congratulations! You win… nothing, I’m afraid. But thanks for the comment! EDIT: This should read comment #1000. Sorry about that, folks!))
- Average of 267 hits a day, including RSS subscribers ((The big bump, of course, was when I did the DFRPG Q&A series last February. But still, that’s some significant growth over the last 100 posts.))
- The U.S. accounts for roughly 62% of my hits, with Canada in second place at 18%, and the U.K. in third with 8%. Australia, and Germany each have about 2% each.
- Winnipeg, my home town, is the city giving me the most hits, at 5,795.
- Total number of hits since April 2009: 60,664
Yes, that’s right. Total number of hits has quintupled over the past 100 posts. That’s absolutely amazing to me. And, while the boom has ended, there are still a fair number of folks who keep stopping by.
Thank you all for that. Thanks for reading, thanks for commenting. Thanks for coming back.
Tomorrow should see the start of the next hundred posts.
Hope you like them.